JOIN THE TEAM
Our employees are the backbone of the company’s performance and consistently work by a reputable ethic with the utmost pride of ownership in their work. The majority of employees at CDS Muery have long tenure with the company, many of whom have been here since the beginning. They lead others to following in ensuring the company’s principles of providing our clients with outstanding service that will exceed expectations, provide tangible results, and develop lasting relationship.
CDS Muery believes in improving the Quality of Life of our People from promoting a healthy work/life balance to offering industry-competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We provide opportunities for professional growth by building knowledge and broadening skills. Our work environment cultivates the importance of open communication, encourages creative thinking, and promotes innovative ideas. From the inspiration and continued involvement of the company’s leadership, our core philosophies are reinforced daily by their exemplary actions.
CDS Muery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Comprehensive Competitive Benefits Package
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan with company contribution
- Life Insurance
- Company holidays
- Competitive Salaries
- Paid professional fees, licenses and association memberships
Career Growth and Opportunities
CDS Muery allows employees the opportunities for moving into lead roles with increasing responsibility. We encourages our employees to join industry associations/organizations and are supportive towards those employees taking on board and/or committee roles.
Opportunities to Give Back
CDS Muery started a Community Committee managed by a handful of employees. The committee’s ultimate goal is encourage and support employees’ involvement with the community in which they live and work. Through employee input the committee manages and oversees various events, programs and causes throughout the year that our employees. Each employee will have the opportunity to participate in any and all these events.
Education and Training
CDS Muery fosters a culture of learning and focus on on-going career development.
- In office lunch and learns
- Business conferences, seminars and workshops
- Leadership development programs
Current Career Opportunities
CDS Muery is looking to fill the following position. If you would like to join our talented and fun team, please fill out an Employment Application and send the application along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are seeking a Project Engineer with five plus years of experience in civil engineering to join our design team. This position involves the practical application of engineering principles to design infrastructure for commercial, municipal, and residential land development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
- Assist Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or Vice President in the production of project plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project’s purpose and need
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Prepare written technical reports and engineering studies using approved company format
- Direct production work of engineering technicians
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation in the state of Texas
- 5 or more years’ of previous experience in civil engineering design
- Proficient with engineering principles, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, and public agencies
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD- Civil 3D and MS Office
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
We are seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join our surveying team. The RPLS will lead and manages land surveying projects as well as the Land Survey staff.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
- Proficient at directing and performing all aspects of acquiring, processing, analyzing and compiling data to prepare maps, documents and deliverables for boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control and design surveys, plats, records of survey, ALTA/ACSM surveys, lot line adjustments and easement acquisitions.
- Analyze and review work of survey crews, verifying the accuracy of survey data
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents
- Ensure timely document delivery and deliver profitable projects
- Supervise the preparation and completion of survey deliverables
- Work closely with engineering staff and clients
- Registered in the state of Texas as a Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience performing RPLS duties
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) experience a plus (but not required)
- Must have experience with ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys for design and construction staking
- Solid working knowledge of current survey equipment and software technologies, including but not limited to Trimble and AutoCAD
We are seeking a CAD Technician to assist our surveying/civil team. The Survey / Civil Engineering CAD Technician is primarily responsible for performing advanced civil and survey tasks such as processing data, analyzing and creating needed client deliverables by utilizing a variety of software platforms, such as; Microstation Geopak, AutoCad, Civil 3D, and ArcGIS among others.
As Field Supervisor the Party Chief is responsible for planning and organizing his crew in order to ensure that tasks are completed correctly and efficiently, meeting or exceeding project schedules and deadlines.
The Party Chief is thus responsible for maintaining the quality, productivity and safety of him and his crew. As such, good judgment is needed evaluating situations and making decisions. Good communication skills are needed in dealing with his crew, office personnel, clients and the public in general. Other overall duties include:
- Sharing in the preparation of equipment and supplies for daily assignments.
- Setting the pace of the survey party through efficient use of all types of measuring equipment according to accepted practices and standards.
- Being in part, responsible for the precision and accuracy of the work performed.
- Being in part, responsible for the care of all measuring equipment and general working supplies.
- Assist locating survey control points, property corners, pipelines/structures, and clearing line for surveys.
We are seeking qualified Instrument Operator to join our field survey team. The Instrument Operator assists the Party Chief, in efficiently and safely obtaining accurate project data by directly operating the instrument or equipment.
We are seeking qualified Rodman to join our field survey team. The Rodman assists the Party Chief and Instrument Operator by safely and efficiently performing tasks such as loading equipment, setting up the instrument, driving stakes, cutting brush, holding the prism pole and preparing the job site for survey.
“Having people from different backgrounds and expertise, there’s no shortage of mentors in the office. We’re constantly learning and improving and that translates to better results for our clients.”
—Steve Lin, P.E., Project Manager
“I chose to work for CDS Muery because of the company’s family oriented culture and values.”
—Carmen M. Aranda-Carlos, Receptionist
“From a professional stand point, I like the company’s willingness to embrace new technology from all aspects. On a personal level, CDSm has tried to maintain a “small” company feel so you never feel like you are just a number.”
—John Dunivan II, Sr. Engineering Technician / CADD Manager